June 30, 2013

sea side

What could be better than a hot day by the sea side - except a hot day by the sea-side with a vide grenier thrown in:)
add to that the company of old mates and life becomes very scintillating. At St Cyprien plage today Le Capt and I met up with my old chum Maureen and her husband Keith, their kids Miranda and Alexander, Mirandas baby and Alexanders wife... I said I wouldn't put them up on facebook, hahahh (demonic laughter)



Maureen and I endured some time at Poles Convent which had only one distinction - it was the palace of Cardinal Pole, where he held out against Henry VIII's reforms. Nice gaff, minstrals gallery, leaded windows - we shared a very elegant bedroom lined in blue silk. They don't make Cardinals like they used to.  Nor convents - its now an hotel, named after some local family

Maureen says we can't afford to stay there, sigh.

Antihist have sorted out this weeks malady, BTW.

No comments:

Post a Comment