April 17, 2014

exciting times

 The day dawned well with coffee at le cafe du Pont - here are Gert and Elizabet, staying at their Esperaza home for a few more days before returning to Denmark, with Annie Poulan (potter of these parts )

Thence to meet with our new leader Georges Reverte. Georges called the artists of Esperaza together to consider a project which turned out to be the colonization of the old Presbytery; a huge space full of delights which every artist in town immediately started to lust after.
 You have to hand it to him. We met at the town hall and he asked us to follow him. Ever heard the phrase, herding cats? Olle-Bendick wandered off to Chez Charlie. I met Stuart. Various others floated off. Finally we all got to the same space without the use of cattle prods.


 Here George outlines a few possibilities whilst the artists scamper about the large space, the courtyard, the outlying studios, generally beaming with delight. When we thanked him, he said we don't want you to leave town - wow, is that ever a first:)










Such a buzz.
After that I had my first singing lesson. Quelle experience! I have muscles I didn't know I had in my back aching, I have new muscles in my face, I have a song in my heart. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment