November 15, 2017

achoo

Been flattened by a cold for the last couple of days but seem to be recovering. Stopped coughing up glass, anyway.
So, nothing to report.





All that's happened is the wasps continue to hatch in the studio, poor misguided things. The heating comes on, their nest wakes up and they head for the skylight and the great outdoors. I open the windows to let them out - and catch a cold.
There do seem to be an infinite number and I can't find the nest, somewhere in one of the beams or under the plasterboard. Impossible to  know without dismantling the studio. Serious advice is to lop in an insect bomb and kill the lot, which I'm loathe to do. Despite landing in my hair and on my clothes and down my neck, not one has stung me. And those insect bombs are seriously toxic - I'd have to leave for a fortnight and take the household with me.
.
Any advice??

3 comments:

  1. Do the French sell the sticky fly strips (coiled up, that unwind)? It's a non-toxic approach. And if you have small spaces where they might get in or out, the spray foam insulation (applied with a nozzle) could be shot in the small holes and properly aimed, can't be seen. A temporary and somewhat unslghtly answer is a roll of the 'blue' masking tape---used when painting edges as it can be pulled off easily and won't life the paint. It's a brand name in the US, probably 3M, don't know about France.
    Sorry to hear you're back fighting asthma again. You might try looking up azithromycin. A friend who has explored lots of options also recommended https://asthma.net/triggers/medication-related-triggers/
    I know you won't post this, but I wanted to share the info.
    Don't give up. I am 75 and had a year and a half of misdiagnosis when I knew I had a fractured rib and the xrays couldn't find it. Horrible drug generated dreams, still horrible pain and then the suggestion that I take anti-depressants because it was 'phantom pain'. I had no life. But the friend with health problems (and pain issues) all his own got me off the drugs and working on other choices. The very thing I had been told I shouldn't do (raise my arms above my body) turned out to be what I absolutely craved to do, and finally lay down on a firm surface and stretched, reaching out to 'something' above my head. The result was a mixture of pleasure (the stretch) and pain (the injury) and then a pop...and the misaligned rib moved back into place, so it was no longer rubbing on the next rib....so the exposed damaged bone could heal. It had been a spot on one xray that determined to be 'just a spot, nothing really there'.
    Took a long time to recover. But I didn't give up and I'm not going to. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a story Gabriele!! Of course I'II publish, why wouldn't I? Delighted to hear from you again and you should know that I check my comments almost daily since missing your last remarks :) Your story is a wonderful lesson. Its often hard to juggle instincts with professional expertise, you were fortunate to find a guide. Im off to look up the asthma stuff now, thanks for that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great site and most helpful. The asprin stuff especially - it was my drug of choice for years and years and now I have asthma. Hmmm. The other stuff is OK, Im in the right categories. Willl keep checking though.

    ReplyDelete