June 24, 2019

Andree Bonnett RIP 25 02 1929 - 24 06 2019

 Andree died this morning. There are a shed-load of photos of her on this blog - chose this one because it seemed to contain her sagacity with her somewhat impatient tolerance of stupidity, mine normally. Will miss her forever, she was mother-in-residence to me and many others in Esperaza.

Most grateful to her nephew Jacques who rang me with the bad news and invited us to say goodbye before the body is taken to be used in a teaching hospital, as she wished. He is hoping to arrange a small event for her friends here at the weekend. Will report when I know.

As he said; it is wonderful that she didn't live to face a lingering illness or the use of a wheelchair but went suddenly - after an afternoon of Scrabble, aged 90, in a place she enjoyed.

This was the book on her bedside table. Very Andree. She did everything well.

2 comments:

  1. A wise old lady. June also died this year. I'm glad they could meet each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that. At whatever great age, they leave a huge hole, these old dears... feel as if I've lost my rudder. You too? See you here soon I hope, I'm never sure when you are coming or indeed going. x

    ReplyDelete