December 23, 2019

T Time

 To Ray and Sheilas for tea - though I confess I stuck to port. Good for asthma. Above is Ray in front of a window he's painted, lovely bit of work - wish I'd snapped the forked-and-marbled staircase it is the centre of, it really is spectacular. Creative family. I was most taken with the garden mosaics too. And below is Shelia presiding over the tea table... the slight out of focus you can attribute with reason to the port.
Nice to see some neighbours there and to meet their families. One visitor in from Paris had just spent 5 months in Chandigarh where Bob and I had been this year; most enjoyable to trade memories. He had studied politics and got us up to speed on the French situation but rather fazed me by liking the current Brit PM, whom he claimed was no worse then Macron. Which is quite a complicated statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment