October 19, 2020

Panto season

Rushton did some work on Bobs pumpkin, what wit... : 

and here is the sunshine yesterday after the market, shining on our Danish friends' house. 


 Apropos the market. something rather odd happened to me there. 

I'd bought some boots - very needful- and walked away. I'd not got far when a woman came after me calling Madame Madame. To cut a long story short, she said I hadn't paid for the boots. Au contraire, I said good humoredly; I paid your colleague over there. No you didn't, he said. They set up a clamour - and I suddenly realised that it was my word against theirs, there were no witnesses, I'd bought them on my own. I knew I'd paid, having handed over two 20 euro notes and been given change and a plastic bag to put them in. I'd even asked if they'd take a card since handing over the cash cleaned me out.

In a stroke of luck I saw our third policeman wandering about and called him over. He asked what was happening and I said, these people say I've stolen these boots but I have paid for them and you know me, I am not a thief. He didn't say anything as his phone rang and he answered it. But the boot people backed off immediately, saying oh yes it was another woman.

Et alors? Never shop in the market without a witness!!

Other news  As of next Friday Lou Cantou in Couza is to start Friday curry night on a regular basis . I'm told that this will be available for take away and delivery also which is a bonus for those who cannot venture out. There is also a lunchtime menu at a set price for groups . Will be testing asap :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment