June 24, 2022

Covid free


 After my extensive European tour, thought I'd better get checked before being released into the community... and here I am, covid free. Just worn out and knackered. My travelling days are behind me, it seems.


 Big thanks to all who helped in the trip(s); Kat, who got me to the train station in time to discover that the fires in the south had caused my train to be cancelled and that the replacements would throw out all the connections; to Allenna for getting food and hotels organised in Leuvern and to all at the Metaphorum conference; to friends in Brussels for succour; nice folk on the Eurostar, only delayed by half an hour; many friends in London; my sister Polly who rescued us from the UK train strike and got us to Heathrow, where we only had to sit on the tarmac for half-an-hour; and to Louise, blessings on her, for fetching us from Carcassonne airport to Esperaza. 

Between all the hideous travelling were various exhibitions and fond meetings - the sort that make the hassle worthwhile. But I am soooooooo glad to be home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment