December 10, 2022

Star material


Excitement in Matthieu's bar yesterday as brits were asked about le foot - Sally was stupendous and explained why the England would win,  and Tony wasn't bad either. I ummed and ahhed though my bit because, frankly, I expect France to win and if not, a goalless draw - but they wanted a crowd of brits going we will win and we obliged. No idea if they used it, it was for todays breakfast TV and I was late getting up....  
If I had any power in the media I would sign Sally up for something, she has such charisma! 

As if that wasn't enough excitement, it was followed by lunch at Dougie and Reginas with Clare and Pete - and Regina talked us through her photos of her long Camino. Stupendous.




And she baked the sausages that Marcus gave us into little rolls. Remarkably Marcus had shot the boar (in Germany) had had it processed. It was delicious. She served them with vegetarian haggis from Scotland so it was a multicultural event.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment