January 10, 2024

Mike Hinc RIP

 


Mikes life and career were often shocking but todays shock is overwhelming. 
He took ill over christmas, apparently, and died on the 9th Jan.


Mike was an artist which was how I knew him. So it was a surprise to be in his studio (on the road to Quillan) and see gold records on the walls. They were for Rough Trade, a record company, which one of my brothers had been signed to. Turned out Mike was my brothers agent. 

I put them back in touch but within minutes they were fighting again. Seems this is normal with musicians and their representatives.

He had stories!! And knew all the big boys.
I really can't do his career justice, I'm expecting that the music press will do a decent report. His was a very rock'n'roll life, which he quit in order not to die young following a heart attack.

He retrained as an artist in Herefordshire. His work was challenging and amusing and often technically amazing. Lets hope that the family can fix an exhibition of his work as part of the celebration of his life.




No comments:

Post a Comment