May 24, 2014

After dinner moth

 Got in late last night. Greeted by the whirling and twirling of another deaths-head hawk moth about the size of a dinner plate. The last one to visit had a very fine skull painted on its abdomen, this poor critter didn't show its body as it had exhausted itself scaring the dog (Lily was terrified; wouldn't come in the house)
It is more of a monkey-head hawks moth - perhaps its evolving?







Both camera and fishing net were to hand...





I was out late because Andy and Louise gave me a delicious dinner:) Great nosh - great conversation -
the rarely-spotted Jon was there too and apart from the fact that they let me ramble on about the hard lot of the artist (Ouch! Sorry chaps) it was a gem.
The night before that, I cooked for John and Margaret and remembered that cooking is an art that needs full attention. I remembered this too late for the meal, alas. Burnt rice and undercooked fish ensued. My guests were unfailingly amusing and unfazed; I will do better next time.

I've voted already, if you are registered DON'T FORGET European elections today. Also vide greniers in Esperaza and Couiza, yeeeeah ha!
Weather persists in being good despite dire warnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment