March 5, 2016

wet saturday

...the weather is fine. Its Chez Daniel that is wet. Opened the door this morning and found it flooded.

On Thursday a SAUR worker came and fitted a new meter and that seemed to be the source of the problem; their fault, wouldn't you think?

Went to their web-site to try and contact them. There was a button for emergencies and I clicked it. They wanted to know my area and I told them. Lots of emergency repairers in your region they said - just look at your espace client. I hadn't got an espace client and I tried to set one up as the water continued to pour. They said I could find my client number on a bill - but they dont send bills, its all done automatically.
Voila. Impossible and no phone numbers anywhere.

I found a hammer and managed to turn off the water.

I resolved my current painting.

Then I looked in an ancient yellow pages and found an emergency number claiming to be 24/7. By now it was nearly 8.00am and after running through a pre-recorded menu, to my amazement a man spoke to me:)

He had a lovely voice. I told him what was happening and he asked me questions I could answer; name, address. He said an emergency SAURman would arrive immediately and sure enough, a hour later, he did. I'd nearly finished the ironing by then.

Bloke changed it all and clained it was now OK, helped me lift the sodden carpet onto some dryers, told me that he couldn't give me a letter for the insurers and I should get a local plumber in to write about it- before I'd called him out. Too late now. He was very cheerful though did do a lot of that ooh la chut chut chut.

Apart from the soaking wallpaper, I think there is no real damage (though haven't checked the soft furnishings.) Mopped up, walked to the garden to feed the hens and feeling somehwat shakey went to buy something delicious. Alas, the baker at FourNil is on holiday...


No comments:

Post a Comment