November 3, 2020

Covid 19 is with us

 ... like the spectre at the feast, Covid has arrived. Most saddened to hear from Regina:

 Dougie’s COVID Test came out positive today. As I am having the same symptoms, I guess I am having it too. My test is tomorrow morning, but I think I can guess ....

She adds that CPAM and their Cadre de la Lutte de Virus told them that they couldn't leave the house until 5th November - just a week since Dougie had the test - which gives her hope that this will be a minor case. It feels like the 'flu, she says; horrible, but hopefully won't get worse. Paracetemol works wonders.

What is so strange is that of all our friends I had Dougie and Regina down as the most Covid-aware - they haven't been hanging around bars, doing the market, chattering on street corners like most of us. They mask up while doing their shopping and Regina concludes that they must have picked up the virus on a product or a shopping trolley.

Regina gave her permission for this blog to carry the news, saying that in rural areas we can become complacent and not take sufficient precautions. So everyone out there, be careful. Huge outpourings of love to Dougie and Regina xxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment