July 19, 2021

fishy -

 Strange old world. For some time now Le Capt et moi have been wondering how to get fish into our pond, our pond being Annie and Petes old triangular bath - now stuffed with rocks, a little fountain, some plants. I figured a bucket in the river and hope for the best, Le Capt wanted to go to the shop in Limoux where we'd bought some water plants. The debate raged.

Trotting down the trottoir just now I spotted our neighbour Vincent, who is a big cheese in the angling club here, and I asked him. He beamed at me; he'd been on his way to see if I knew anyone who wanted goldfish. Didn't know he bred them... he came round with 5 in a tub, born in Esperaza. He also gave us a tub of fish food. 


Here they are, just before I released them into the wild. 

----------This seems to me to be nothing short of miraculous :)

On which subject, Robin made it to the UK safely, he and four other passengers in one aeroplane with a pilot and three staff. Pete and Claire are also safe; other friends are leaving for family reasons this week. Shuff has made it here from Amsterdam with his friend - regret I forgot photos. Looking good though.

Take no chances out there everyone, coming and/or going.

No comments:

Post a Comment