August 30, 2021

Jim Barty RIP

I am already given to the power that rules my fate 
And I cling to nothing, so I will have nothing to defend.
I have no thoughts, so I will see.
I fear nothing, so I will remember myself.
Detached and at ease, I will dart past the eagle to be free.

*

 This was pinned to Jims wall. Went round there after the mayor told me that he'd died in hospital, hoping to find his sisters phone number. Which we failed to do.... anyone know it?

Was glad to find the above though. It shows clearly that he was ready to submit to fate; we are told that he died of 'natural causes' so he was aware that his end was near.

We all of us have Jim stories. He was hyper-extraordinary with a mix of wisdom and off-world pottiness, kind - always kind - and anxious to enlighten the world. 

Which on some level I'm sure he is now doing.

5 comments:

  1. Hi vanilla beer, Thanks for posting - I knew Jim Barty in London and was sad to read this. Have you found his sister’s contact details or do you want me to try?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, and thanks for the offer... as you can imagine, we can't find out anything without official permission and that means his sisters consent. But she has been found!! Now she has hired a solicitor here to deal with the many issues. WE are hoping to hold a small event to celebrate his life sometime, would you like to come?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I represent Abbey Wealth and we were Jim's financial intermediaries. We have been trying to contact him, we have seen this blog post and would greatly appreciate contact with his sister / solicitors to help her / them. Please could you email me privately on rowan.allpass@abbeywealth.com with any contact details. Much appreciated!

      Delete
  3. Please keep us posted. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If there is an event to celebrate Jim I would like to attend. I have known Jim since our days at uni in the 70's. The problem is travel from the UK.

    ReplyDelete