September 22, 2021

Covid free


 Off to Quillan yesterday to get John a Covid-free certificate before he flies back to Blighty. All very easy. He'd made an appointment on Doctolib.com and we were expected at the Lab in Quillan, where they cheerily shoved a stick up his nose. (In England it seems they put it in your throat so he was a little discomforted.) Last night they emailed the results and today I've printed them off. No trace of the disease, hurrah.

Above is Quillan market where we hung out for a while in the sun.

Was cleaning my brushes in the afternoon when the tap spluttered and stopped running water. Downstairs I found a distressed Bob looking for the dishwasher guarantee as he'd thought it was broken. Brief search of the estate showed that no water was running anywhere except in the pond. 

To the town hall - having checked en route that Ians was off too - where my enquiry was greeted with hoots of laughter. It's broken. Who knows when it'll return. Cheers.

Later still I saw a SAUR (water suppliers) van and flagged it down ... they said we'd have it back by tomorrow morning. I waved my arms about and shouted, feeling tres french; what are we supposed to do? Go the the cave co-operative and buy some wine, they said.

Gaggle of ladies in the street swapping news. One, married to an ex-policeman, said that it would be on in two hours; but I noticed she'd been buying water. Did the same.

It's back this morning though! No doubt our water rates will reflect this loss of service with a handsome reinbursement, hahaha.


No comments:

Post a Comment