November 3, 2021

Post-covid dinner/breakfast with Sue/ bed with Van Dongen

 Celebrating getting out of whatever we were in after a covid-contact - dinner chez nous last night with Roland 'n'Kat, Kieran 'n'Ann. I did smoked salmon terrines and duck in madera, with gnocchi and grated dried beetroot. Such a treat, to cook for friends. And Kat did the pud, her massive delicious almond cake. Our guests were frisky and amusing and I thank them for it.

It's lucky you know what they all look like as my photos are dire - quite funny, but dire -

and betting you don't know this face, new in town and alas, already left for England. This is Sue Patterson, who came to join in the celebration of Jims life.  Welcome back here anytime - a pleasure to swap Jim-memories with her. In fact, all the people that have been in touch after Jims death have been really really sweet, interesting, engaging... maybe we should have an annual Jim party??




This evening I am in Toulouse after braving the train strike. Took the 10.38 bus this morning and arrived at 6pm, too long ( cancelled trains and so forth) 

Now find myself here:

in bed with a van Dongen :) Or at least a most successful copy. Made me gasp with laughter as I entered the room and I havent stopped laughing since. She's ENORMOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment