November 26, 2021

Sage and SAUR

 Yesterdays coffee break - with the sage of these parts, Ole-Bendik. Always entertaining company -

Other excitements, oh la village life; SAUR, the water providers hereabouts are threatening to cut the supply to one of our houses on the grounds that they haven't got in to read the meter. A letter from them claims two visits, neither of which I knew about despite rarely leaving here. No note in the letter box from them recording said visits. No opportunity to read and report the meter nor the leaving of the traditional poscard to fill in.

So I rang the number they gave me and so discovered that they were far too busy to talk to me and I should go to their web site. I did. Can't talk to them without setting up an account which alas, they won't let me do - the 'are-you-a-robot' button is stuck in an alogorythm. Wasted a deal of the day on phone and computer until Tim and Yvonne stepped in, bless 'em. 

They'd had exactly the same issue on moving into their house and knew what to do. You go to command central in Cepie and talk to a sweet lady who deals with it all. They offered to take me there, and did. Thats when we discovered they are only open on Tuesdays.

On the plus side it was a treat to have a little trip and spend some time with Tim and Yvonne....

No comments:

Post a Comment