March 8, 2014

news from the north - Edinburgh

Iain, much missed Iain, has written - annoyingly Edinburgh seems to be enjoying lovely weather. He writes;
"It has been an exciting time to be gay here in Scotland. I can’t help but reflect the changes both in the law and attitudes in my lifetime. From illegality and social loathing to celebrating the Gay Marriage bill in the Scottish Parliament building.  The choir [Loud and Proud] were asked to sing at the end of the parliamentary session and at the MSP’s party afterwards.  I now have five invites to forthcoming weddings. I hadn’t realised how emotional I would find it all. Of course just because it’s legal does not mean that there is a queue of exciting beaus down on their knees in front of me, (l suspect I could have worded that better), begging for my hand.  I have to say that I have never wanted that for myself but it is certainly making a lot of people very happy.  Of course the religious mafia is claiming that the end is nigh mais plus ca change. What we need is a strike by gay clergy and stand back and watch the various organisations grind to a halt. Sadly the new  legislations here are matched by so much repression elsewhere. It’s all such a mystery to me.  Why should anybody care.
Have fun and enjoy the sunshine.
Bises
Iain "
 Come visit us soon:)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment