March 8, 2014

pounding these mean streets

Im canvasing, which strangely has nothing to do with canvas.
I got the job of talking to the foriegners in our commune. The electoral roll in the town hall revealed that there are twelve Brits and twenty-four others - Dutch, Belge, Portugese, Spanish - which it is my responsibility to convert to the cause of Jean Torrent, the excellent and good.
Exactly half the Brits I did in fifteen mins by being in the cafe in the square this morning. They were rather underwhelming in their enthusiasm though one of them offered to sell me his vote (for ten euors; anyone know the going rate??)

-But the day is beautiful and I am amusing myself taking photos as I pound the mean streets.















Fishing season has started but it seems that its been too cold and the trout aren't rising.
Carnival season in flood also - tried to make a link to the events site and failed but if you google it (or the English Library in Quillan, which has a great info site) you'll get the programme.

No comments:

Post a Comment