May 11, 2018

extreme dinner

Clare








Clare, Pete, Annette, Ken, Ray and Yuri ate with us last night. I'd got it into my head that we had some vegetarians in the team so made alternative dishes as well as the usual, which resulted in an excess. Fortunately all were omnivores; accordingly, we all overate. Heroically.

Yuri
 Wild asparagus tart; onion and anchovy tart with sun dried tomatoes; salad; macaroni cheese; toad-in-the hole with roasties; meringue with chestnut puree, cream and raspberries; cheese and a selection of halvas from Yuri. Clare also brought a large gateau with her which we did not embrace.
A deal of wine accompanied all and many conversational topics were launched. Wonderful.
Ray and Pete
 At coffee time Yuri met with Jamsie-from-the-chateau and Roy and me at Lucs and held us spellbound with his tales of contemporary theology in action. The world is an even stranger place than one supposed.
Bobs irises 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you might be a
    great author. I will ensure that I bookmark your blog
    and definitely will come back sometime soon. I want to encourage that you continue your
    great job, have a nice afternoon!

    ReplyDelete