April 1, 2019

April first

It struck me this morning that the Brits do one thing better than the French and that's April fools... though in these Brexit days is hard to spot the joker. Here it's called Poisson Avril and the trick is to stick a fish onto someones back, or more usually a picture of a fish. The French find it funny, it seems.
My dentist was explaining the history of it all to me this morning. Something to do with a French king. Wasn't paying that much attention as he was grouting about in my open mouth. My lost crown was at last treated with respect - alors, it was a matter of urgency and it was causing great pain.
Well, I knew that but it was nice to have professional agreement.

Now to the exciting bit. I am to be (eventually) fitted with a new crown which will cost ZERO, he says (though the fitting charges will be billed) It's called a crown Macron  and its part of Macrons' reforms to make sure people have decent dental care. The law came in today.
No, not a joke :)

....The dentist said that toothache was worse than the pains of love.

ARTISTS ATTENTION  LAST DATE FOR DELIVERY TO SIEUR D'ARQUES is 5th April.

The exhibition runs 12/13/14th April and this year is at La Digne d'Amount. Nope; no idea either.

No comments:

Post a Comment