April 11, 2019

tempo gathers speed

 As the Toques et Clochers approaches, so do our friends... Gert and Elsbeth arrived yesterday, the Scottish Daves are already here, Chris and Max ditto... last night we were catching up in the Creperie. (photos of Max and Dave didn't make it past the censor but here ar Gert, Elsbeth, Chris and El)

I should try explaining the Toques et Clochers one day.


 You may not want to share my dental experience but it is quite funny. At any rate, the dentist thought so.
Picture this, if you will; I'm bravely reclining in a dentists chair with my mouth open, a thing in said mouth and instructions not to move as something sets.

Dentist is at the counter with this back to me, stirring potions. I become aware that my trousers are wet --and discover that I'm lying in an ever-spreading pool of water.
The cup that one uses for rising has overflowed and is merrily leaking into the chair, soaking me in the process.

EEEk eek I squeak. Grunt oooh uuh ho. 'Ne pas bouger' says dentist agreeably. Ekkh. No interest from dentist. I manage to lean over and tap him enthusiastically which at last captures his attention and he immediately sees the problem, on account of the water is now through the chair, through me and on the floor.

Hahaha how he laughed:)
It was pertinent in a way as we had been talking about philosophy and he was claiming to adhere to the idea that the here-and-now is the bestest ever place to be. I pointed out that I was lying in a dentists chair having root canal fillings and I'd been in happier places. So lying in a dentists chair in a pool of cold water did amplify the debate, a bit.

Other than that, it was painless and I recommend him wholeheartedly. Back next week for my Crown Macron.

No comments:

Post a Comment