May 11, 2021

Esperaza rock'n'roll history


 Here's a memory of my nephew Tom Beer and his band Bull playing in the camping at Esperaza, in May 2017. I mention it now because the band played last night on the roof of the EMI building in Kings Cross, London, to celebrate the launch of their first album- and the drummer, another Tom ( Tom Gabbatiss), mentioned the gig in an interview : 'my most fond memory being the four of us in a field in Esperaza, South of France, on our first trip abroad together-' So sweet!


Yesterdays excitement was a trip to Carcassonne which was mixed. The friend we were taking to hospital is well which is a Good Thing; the shopping I was set on was frustrating. We no longer need attestations to move beyond 10 kilometers from home, hurrah, but the stores are sectioned off into areas of things it is legal to sell and things that ain't. Hence I could stand in Decathlon looking at the sandals I need and grind my teeth...
All the stores are like labyrinths, sections closed off with crime-scene-type tape. All this changes on the 19th, allegedly. And the terraces of the bars and restaurants can open! Can't come quickly enough for this esperazannaise.

No comments:

Post a Comment