October 18, 2021

Return of the prodigal

Marcus turned up, having been in the Hotel des trois couronnes in Carcassonne the same time as me and Robert and Frank on Saturday - we just didn't spot each other - 

He was en route to La Franqui to clear out of the appartment there, which he and Corella have sold. Naturally I went too.  Fond memories for many Esperazannaise, who have stayed there over the years; all a bit sad but other projects beckon.

Lunch in that smashing sea-front fish restraurant which was great for me but a bit rough on Marcus, who dosn't eat fish... he watched me having a feast (platter fruits de mer, brochette de noix de St Jacques) and this rhum baba, perhaps a reference to the anit-covid injections?




This is me shadow dancing on the deserted beach (after the rhum baba) and below, amazing sunset on the mountains on the way home.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment