December 1, 2021

Sunshine in Esperaza


 Yesterdays beautiful weather - I spent a lot of it wandering about marvelling at our little paradise. Blue skies, always magic.

And the darlings Tim and Yvonne took me to SAUR in Cepie, allegedly open - and open they were. And a deeply hostile person complained at my refusing entry to the invisible silent and un-rendez-vous-ed SAUR meter readers, who never left records of their visits, twice. Whats a girl to do? Tim commanded more respect than I do and explained why I (whom, he explained, worked as an informatrix) could not access the site of the waterboard. She didn't quibble at the 'and-you-never-answer-the-telephone' bit. I had photographs of the meter readings, clear and unequivocable, thanks to Gracie who was pliable enough to get under the sink and take them. 

The conclusion of this clash of wills was that 1. they will not cut off my water supply and 2. I must return in November 2022 to arrange a RDV for a meter reading.

 Can hardly wait.

Took photos last night of a petite apero with Phil and Ziggy but they are not good. Nice to see them; they are off to Frankfurt today. The day Bob returns from Plague Island. 

BIG NEWS and the best.... Toby is going to be a grandmother!! Young Jim, who it turns out has grown up, will be papa to a June baby. Many felicitations to him and Elsje. 


No comments:

Post a Comment