September 19, 2022

News round-up

Dinner chez nous, with Gert and Elizabet and Janet and John... Saturday night I think, but I'm often confused. Enjoyed it hugely, whenever it was. 

Can't resist adding this photo of one of the ponds' denizens, getting fat on mossies and therefore presumably our blood. Curious thought.


and joy! At yesterday's vide grenier (which was the best of the year IMHO) Jim holding Sadie, an angel! 

Flags are furled at the town hall, presumably not in memory of my friend Tom Karol whose memorial service was held on line. In the last two years following covid I've been able to attend a handful of farewells this way - surprisingly moving. I've known Tom and his family for ever and regret that he never got to visit here as he was fond of France. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment