September 25, 2022

Town fete

 


Despite it all, enjoyed last night. The music was designed for outdoors but it rained so we were in the MJC: ear-splitting shrill yelling passed as the entertainment for the apero. The apero, that was another thing. Got to the bar on arrival and asked for a glass of wine and was told no wine. Quoi???
The wine, it appeared, was for the meal and would be put out with the meal when it arrived. In around an hour, they thought. It was raining so the pig wasn't roasting all that well. So what did we drink for the apero? Well, Blanquette de Limoux of course. I could buy that. They poured me a tiny glass at which I demurred. Oh, did I want to buy a bottle?
Friends who arrived late and missed the meal did rather well... 

the salad was lovely and much needed after too much blanquette and no sign of dinner, though me and Elzabeth had to queue for a long time for that. When roast spuds were circulated in their aluminium wraps, followed by lumps of pork, we were well ready.  Alas, the spuds were undercooked to crunchy and the pork was cold.

The falsetto shrieking carried on but say what you will about blanquette, it really helps :)

I was blessed by having my dentist-philosopher as a neighbour and met his wife, a charming lady - local kids danced along with the scantily clad sparkly girls and caused much good-humour. All fun, in short. And the organisers can't be blamed for dealing well with adverse conditions.

The late arrivals danced till the early hours, I'm told. 


No comments:

Post a Comment