September 8, 2022

QE11 * KC111

 Like everyone in the known world, we have been profoundly shaken by the death of a 96-year-old woman we have never met; so we hove off to the Apero bar and were embarrassed by the respectful silence of our French friends. 'A le Roi'! I raised my glass... relieved smiles broke out.

Reflecting that the death of princes is mirrored by signs in the sky, it was great to see the moon on our way home:

It was a mixed day for me, wrestling with other deaths (2 dear friends whom I knew very well -) so a bit of wandering ensued. Here is the neighbour of Gert and Elsbeth; she is expecting them to arrive tomorrow, after midday. She is slightly older than the late Queen, proving that it's not only huge amounts of dosh that keeps you fit.


Here's the Mighty Aude, perhaps a bit under strength -

Took down my show at the Cafe de Fa yesterday, many thanks to all who bought and supported in general - and a reminder to all that Diane Dunn is playing there on Sunday. Unmissable :)

.


1 comment:

  1. I was privileged to see queen in 1961 when she visited calcutta India such a wonderful person.

    ReplyDelete