July 27, 2013

curry night in campagne







Voila, an arty snap of Clare and a less arty one of John - we went last night to that Lilac coloured restaurant in Campagne sur Aude which has reopened. It was a curry night; John M organised us - John, Clare, me, Max and Chrissie.



John being asthmatic and Clare being a prescribing nurse we had a wonderfully indulgent time swapping vital info:)

Heres Chrissie, girlfriend to Max, Johns son. She works for an incredibly famous gallery in the hopes one day of curating her own. If I had any money I'd back her. Max got a first and is part-time working whilst carrying on being an artist. Then Daisy turned up, daughter of Sue and John in Fa,  working part-time as a waitress before going off to Goldsmiths having excelled in her foundation year at Brighton. I got rather emotional at the sight of these emerging artists having to go through all that stuff - an artists life is never easy, even when it is (if you see what I mean)




Kevin and Charlotte, Yvonnes daughter, were there - nice to see them.
Kevin being a curry expert wasn't too impressed with the evening but our table were well pleased, the food was delicious and Im heading back ASAP


The only trouble with these engaging and charming young persons is they make the rest of us look like tortoises.

Below is a late birthday pressie from John. Hes known me since I was 17 and knows me well -- thanks darlings, will put it in water soon and let you know what happens:)





No comments:

Post a Comment