July 15, 2013

post bastille

 
Many people  seem to have hangovers today:)
 
 Claer and Rick have just left for Blighty where it seems it is very hot
and our Iain has written from Edinburgh;
 
It is always a joy to send greetings from a warm and sunny Edinburgh. A rare joy certainly but the last couple of weeks have been splendid and it is set to continue throughout next week. The flowers in the garden are offering an Halleluiah.  after the coldest spring in living memory it is both surprising and welcome. Of course temperatures of 28 are the norm down in your part of the woods but here they are worth mentioning for their rarity. Sitting outside until 9.00pm takes me back to Esperaza.  The smell of honeysuckle and roses in the evening makes me think of my open bedroom window.  Another week and it could feel like autumn but make hay etc. It has made me a little lazy. Every time I think of something I should be doing I decide  I can’t be arsed and make a bee line for my lounger. The city is looking splendid and really achingly beautiful.
 
Life of course goes on as normal and nothing much changes which is not all bad. The city is as full of tourists as ever and is gearing up for the festival. Rehearsals have begun for our festival concert and although the venue is nearly twice the size of last year it looks like being a sell out again.  Steve is just back from a week in Greece with an old friend. He seems to have had a relaxing time which I suspect he needed.
 
 
I hope you are all well and having fun and frolics.
 
We do our best Iain! Nice to hear from you xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment