July 1, 2020

ghost town

There is sooo nothing going on! The weather is either massively hot (yesterday) or heavy and humid (today), interspersed with welcome storms. The mossies are feasting.

Went to Quillan this morning, not a lot happening there either.  Sue the book lady absent. Market layout has changed a bit and that was rather pleasing. Nothing to write home about though.

I was there for routine blood tests. The lab opens at 7.30 am and Bob got me there about 7.20, making me third in queue. Not bad. It got bigger. They send the results by email now and I'd had mine by late afternoon - picture of health, as far as I can see. Can't help reflecting on the same process in London; yet another reason to be happy about the move.

Thence to Post Office  queue. Quillans Poste is open all the days from 9.00 and I was second in line there, next to a Spanish lady who was full of interesting stories. Her people were from Madrid and some are still there; she was pining for them somewhat. We traded family notes.

As I said, nothing going on....

No comments:

Post a Comment