July 19, 2020

weekend memoire







 Friday night, we went to the Cafe de Fa for a couple of beers before the music crowds arrived. It's safe (- I think) to attribute the revival of that little village to the said cafe.  Nice chat with Msr Lovely, who regaled us with his stories about the Beatles.

On Saturday, we lunched in Carcassonne with Margo and Theophile at the marvelous Wok Land. Oysters, sushi, general deliciousness for 13.50 euros and as much as you can eat. I was worried that Margo and Theophile are not great eaters and it would be a loss of dosh but it turned out they loved all that was on offer and managed to match me and Bob, who are gormande.

So happy to see them again before they move on to other lands. Theophile is adorably photogenic but I love this picture of him in the plastic gloves they give you at Wok Land, photographing me as I photographed him:)



Alas, no decent pix of Margo. I kept moving the camera or someone else got in shot - next year will do better :)

Today is market day AND the first of Esperaza's vide greniers. It is hideously hot out there. I went early to avoid crowds and heat and so did everyone else.
 Lots of folk masked up but forget distancing, ha!

As I floated around the vide grenier I met Jim who congratulated me on not buying anything - I was so pleased with myself  though its not much fun going round stalls muttering the mantra, do not buy any more junk...  lo! It was as if a spell had been lifted. Within seconds after my boast,  I'd got an essential jig saw, a vital necklace and some ticking to repair a chair or two. Cheers Jim!!
Started to lay out the new puzzle and remembered the pleasure of the last. More sense of achievement than painting. Time to change jobs, perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment